Thursday 28 January 2016

Blankety blanks

a good looking WA, but threw me a blank
I managed to fit two short(ish) sessions in last weekend, my first trips for a couple of weeks due to the cold snap. Both on the Warks Avon, with the temperature slowly rising, and by Monday evening, the water temperature was back up to an impressive 8.1c, which was a rise of a whole degree on the previous days session.

Unfortunately, no one told the barbel that they were supposed to be feeding, and both sessions proved fruitless.

The second session, on Monday, was on a section of the Lower river that has produced good fish for me before, the one interesting thing about the session though was that the angler at the downstream end of the stretch hooked a catfish, which he had on for more than an hour. I stood behind him for a while, and the guy just simply couldn't do anything with the fish at all, it certainly wasn't a barbel, nor a carp, so a big moggy was all it could be. I knew they were there, but that's the first time I've ever seen one hooked!

No comments:

Post a Comment